4.20.2010

Spreading the Love!

One of the things I love so much about card making is the joy it brings to others. I know my family and friends always enjoy receiving a special handmade card in the mail...it's such a nice surprise to find in a pile of bills and junk mail! :) Although I also know that sometimes us card makers have a stack of cards just sitting around. When was the last time you sent one of your lovely cards to someone? The owner of my local scrapbook store that I design for is on a mission this month to send at least one card each day to a friend or family member...isn't that great?! I think I might have to take on this challenge myself!

Last night I took some time to work on the new sketch for 2 Sketches 4 You. I really enjoyed working with this sketch and used some of Crate Paper's great Season Collection to come up with this card:

I love the colors and worn look of this collection. My center mat was created using some of the cloud paper and several chipboard pieces as well as a little turquoise ric rac. The half circle is actually a rainbow...doesn't it add so much more to the card than just a regular plain colored circle would have?! I love when something as simple as turning an embellishment on its' side can make such a difference in how a project looks.

I think I will be sending this card to my grandma in California along with a few great pictures of the kiddos!

I hope you all are having a wonderful day! I actually went to the gym this morning (yeah me!) and am looking forward to a quiet afternoon with the boys.

If you want to play along in the 2S4Y challenge you have until Saturday...click HERE for all the details.

11 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Oh, this is a fun card! Love the rainbow! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :)

StampinCathy said...

I just love your take on this challenge. Great colors and just love all the details.

Anonymous said...

Very Cute! I love the colors!

papertrails leaver said...

pure cuteness! I like the circle element with the sentiment!

Karen B. said...

Goodness, that rainbow completely works on its side, thanks for the inspiration! Lovely card, fun colors.

Heather P. said...

This is so totally CA-UTE! Thanks for playing along w/us this week @ 2S4Y. :)

Laura Davis said...

Adorable!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very cute with the rainbow and hearts.

I send a card once a month to my mother, niece and elderly relative in a nursing home. I think it's something they have come to look forward to.

WTF Store said...

I love the colors you used for the rainbow! It reminds me of vintage cartoons.

I'd like to invite you to play the 6th Photo Game:

http://inspirationalbeading.blogspot.com/2010/04/6th-photo-game.html

~kelly marie~ said...

Super cute! This makes me smile!

de said...

I love this! Great job with the sketch! The color combo is great and i love the ric rac!