4.23.2010

Hello!

It has been a busy week around here...soccer practices and games, running errands, and getting ready for a garage sale. I did find some time earlier this week to create a card for the Moxie Fab World sketch challenge. Here is what I came up with using the adorable Little Boy Blue collection from My Mind's Eye.


Isn't that owl cute?! I like how my little frame turned out...that great felt ric rac is American Crafts.

So, I have to tell you all that I am super bummed because this morning I found out that my local scrapbook store, the one that I design for, is closing. It has been around for 14 years, they always have the latest goodies and fabulous staff, and I was so looking forward to being a part of their team for many years to come. Designing for them this past year has been wonderful and I have completed so many more layouts than I ever would have on my own. It was a bit of a shock to hear this news because there really wasn't any indication that this might happen...they just ordered TONS of products from CHA that are still rolling in, they just sent out new design team packets two weeks ago and everything. I guess the owners are retiring which I am sure is a great thing for them but I will be so sad to see this store and these people go. I don't even know if there are any other decent scrapbook stores in the area.

If you have an online scrapbook store that you love...one that carries all the newest products at reasonable prices/shipping, I would love to hear your suggestions!

I'll be back tomorrow to share my Etsy Inspired Challenge project and you are going to want to play along if you're a Material Girl (*wink*)!

5 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is the cutest card ever! I just love the style, colors, embellishments and that owl is just to cute.

de said...

This is adorable Kerry! Too cute! Love that owl!

Valerie said...

very cute - love how you made the opening with the zig zag felt!

Katy said...

cute, cute card! Love the owl. Sorry to hear about your LSS. What a bummer! I usually order from Limelight. Sometimes I order from Scrap-a-latte (they often have sales and coupons), but shipping is high, so it has to be a good deal!

Unknown said...

Hey Kerry! Thanks for entering the Get Sketchy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)