4.16.2010

The Joy of Felt - Etsy Inspired Challenge #84

It's time for a new Etsy Inspired challenge! This week we have a lovely, warm, and unique shop for you to be inspired by. Cose Dolci specializes in beautiful handmade living accessories. When I first saw this shop I fell in love with her wool felt bowls. I can picture a few of them in my dream craft room...each filled with a different embellishment. :)

This is one of my favorite pieces from the shop but I was really mostly inspired by all the felt and texture in the shop.

Using goodies from The Caffinated Cropper's 'With a Cherry on Top' kit along with some felt embellishments from my own shop, here is what I came up with:

I really like the softness the felt adds to the card and didn't that pretty blue lace make for a nice little flower?!

So in case you haven't heard yet, our sponsor this week is The Caffinated Cropper. Amy will be giving this week's winner a mini version of the April kit, 'With a Cherry on Top'. One of the many things I love about this kit is that although it is a cherry theme (and there are tons of great cherry goodies in the kit), Amy took the theme a little further...including cherry blossoms and coordinating items that allow you to create a wider variety of projects. And she also does a great job of finding unique items to include. I don't think I ever would have bought one of those pearl 'thingamabobs' on my own, but having it in the kit I was inspired to use it and came up with that fun lace flower, which I love! :)

Amy, the owner, is super sweet herself and has some great companies and designers contributing to her kits. This month's kit includes some great digital stamps from Lindsay Spencer which I love because you can use them even after all your paper crafting goodies are long gone...plus they are super cute! Also included are some fabulous Stickerz from EAD Designs. Click HERE to check out the list of ALL the items that are included in 'With a Cherry on Top'.

So now that I know you are ready to play...
- Check out Cose Dolci and find an item that inspires you...feel free to look through her sold section too.
- Create a project of your own based off the inspiration and link it up to the Etsy Inspired Blog by Friday, April 23rd at noon PST.

If you are new to the challenge click HERE to see all the rules.

Be sure to check out the Design Team projects this week...a lot of them used the fabulous 'With a Cherry on Top' kit!

8 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

This is so pretty Kerry! I really love the felt! I need some of that! And your ribbon flower is amazing! I love it! I have to try that! GORGEOUS!

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh! This is so pretty and just love the colors and how you used the felt on the card. You are so creative and inspiring.

de said...

This is beautiful Kerry! I am with Ash... love the felt scallops and that lace flower is amazing!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Kerry--this is super cute! So pretty--soft colors--that flower is beautiful! LOVE it:)

Sherry Campbell said...

Oh, my goodness- this is just beautiful!! I love it!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is beautiful, Kerry! :)

Amy said...

This is so soft and pretty Kerry..Love how you made a flower out of the ribbon! Thanks so much!!

Jenny said...

So pretty sweetie :)