4.16.2009

A little more than a card

As promised, I have a special card to share today. Deanne's April Sketch was the beginning of my inspiration for this card. You can see her sketch along with the rest of the design teams' work by clicking HERE. It was definitely a challenging sketch for me this month and it took me awhile to figure out what to do with it but then I came across a pretty little kit I had stored away from K & Company. Can you tell what the surprise is?

I loved the lantern tag and thought it would make for a beautiful bookmark! So I threaded the tassel through the hole and used one of SU's library clips to attach it to the card.
The 'so happy together' panel is popped up on foam squares so all the recipient has to do is take off the library clip and slide the bookmark up off the card. I really think this turned out well and will probably make more of these in the future. How great would it be to use a card like this when giving someone a book as a gift?!

Thanks for visiting today! I am in a really creative mood this week so hopefully I will have another card to share tomorrow...but if not, I will definitely be back on Saturday to share my Etsy Inspired card! Have a great day!

1 comment:

StampinCathy said...

Kerry,
This is just to cute and love how you have put the bookmark on the card. The colors and details rock. Another inspiring card.