4.02.2009

Friday fun featuring Unity

Happy Friday everyone! I have a few projects to share today. First up is another clean and simple scrapbook page...this one features my youngest son when he was 3 months old. I love this picture of him with his big, brown eyes wide open and full of innocence. :) The sunshine and sentiment are from Unity's Flirty Flowers set.


Next up is a card I made for the SCS Limited Supplies challenge this past week. It was snowing here in Washington the other day, which is not normal for this time of year but it did remind me of winter and inspired me to create this Christmas card.

I love Unity's dream tree and thought it would make for an elegant snow scene. I used Martha Stewart's coarse glitter for the snow. I embossed the black panel with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder for some extra texture. Paper: Stampin' Up Ribbon: May Arts Word Charm: Joann's Scrap Essentials

Last up is a card I had a lot of fun with and I was inspired by Christi's week 13 Exercise in Creativity - to experiment with text/type. I love Unity's Just my Type set (such a great font!) and I paired it with some paper from Pebbles Inc. School Days creative pad to create this card...

I thought this would be a cute card for a Kindergarten teacher. First I stamped letters and numbers in white on the SU Old Olive card base. Then I used the capital letters to stamp the sentiment on the lined patterned paper. The pencil circle is a sticker from the Pebbles Inc. pad as is the striped line running along the bottom of the sentiment panel. I finished off the card with two Basic Grey offbeat buttons to compliment the circle paper.

Thanks for stopping by...visit Angela's blog for a list of all the other Unity fans posting projects today. I will be back tomorrow with my EtsyInspired Challenge card and the featured shop this week is ADORABLE so be sure to check it out! :)

12 comments:

Christi said...

Oh my goodness Kerry! These are all fabulous! Love the layout and OMG....that dream tree with snow...wow!!!! I love it! And you know that I am loving that teacher's card...what a fabulous way to use the text exercise...so cute! Wow!!! LOVE IT ALL!!! smiles...

Lisa F said...

SO cute! Love the CAS layout!

whoistracy said...

Just lovely! I hope your snow melts soon. We're supposed to get some next week. Blah!

Heather Schlatter said...

Kerri,

Well first off your son is absolutely adorable and that scrapbook page is very cute as well!!!

Next the Unity card is stunning you did an amazing job on the challenge!!!

Last that is a great card for any teacher I am sure they would be very excited to get it!!!

Heather

Jacqueline said...

love everything you made Kerry! Adorable layout, love the dream tree with snow too!!

Unknown said...

What a cutie pie that boy of yours is!


I love Unity's Text Type, but I don't have it yet! Now, looking at your sample, I just might have to get it!

Have a great weekend! I don't ever have much time to chat or say hi, so I am so glad I have the chance to hop by here every week to say HELLO! :)

Laura L said...

Very cute stuff today! I love your snow scene card - very cute!

Anonymous said...

Great projects!! That picture of your son is adorable.

Scrapacat said...

Beautiful work, Kerry. I love the journaling you did around the edges of the sb page and the creative winter card with the dream tree. What a cute use of the alpha stamps. I'm gonna have to 'borrow' that idea!
~ky

StampinCathy said...

Kerry this is some sizzling MOJO! I just love the layout and what a cutie. Wow I would have never thought of snow on the dream tree, but it is just fabulous. Of course you didn't stop there and make a fabulous card for a teacher. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy.

Dawn M said...

I love all of these projects

Karen said...

All of these are just fabulous...love the dream tree!!