4.11.2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #31

I am so thankful the weekend is here! My little one has been sick and cranky all week but is now on the mend. So, I finally had some time and energy to work on my EtsyInspired project last night. This week's featured shop is Make Mine Mud which is filled with beautiful pottery pieces. I absolutely love her leaves...
Aren't they gorgeous! I just might have to get some...especially since Melissa is generously giving anyone who mentions the EtsyInspired challenge a free pendant with purchase!

So for my project, I used some beautiful leaf paper I had left over from a project I did 2 years ago. I knew I would want to use it again! :) And I covered some of the old Unity wood tags (that used to come with the wood slide kits) to create a little mini album. Here is a picture of the front cover...
The beautiful flower image and sentiment are from Papertrey Ink's Friends 'til the End set. I thought this mini album would be a great thing to give a loved one around Thanksgiving time filled with wonderful pictures and journaling about the people and things you are grateful for. I wanted to show you the back of the album too, just so you can really see the lovely leaf paper in it's entirety.
For the inside, I kept the pages very natural and simple. I just stamped the flower image once or twice in various places around the tags, leaving room for pictures and writing.



Whew! I know that was a lot...I guess I have missed posting and chatting this week! :) Anyway, be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team:
Have fun with your Etsy Inspiration this week! Click HERE if you have never participated in an EtsyInspired challenge before. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend! I know I am going to enjoy spending time with my family who I am so very grateful for!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry this is beautiful. Love that image.

Kristen Carll said...

Kerry this is gorgeous!! I love the simplicity/elegance of it!!! :) Hope you have a wonderful Easter

Heather Schlatter said...

Wow Wow Wow Kerry this is amazing!!!! I love the color of that leaf paper and I love the wood tag idea!!! So so so unique and creative!!! I also love that set you used for the stamp!!!

Heather

Jacquel said...

Wow! Fabulous project Kerry....I really like it! I love how you put it all together and it really shows off the inspiration piece you chose! Wonderful work!!!

Ashley Newell said...

Kerry! I love love love this! Wow, really beautiful! The colors are great, the cover is beautiful and I love the pages! Awesome work!

StampinCathy said...

WoW Kerry! I just love what you did for this challenge. It's just amazing and super inspiring.

Tiff said...

That is so pretty! Is that dsp or did you stamp that yourself??? Either way, your mini album is UBER cute!

Ann said...

Wow, Kerry, this is fabulous! I love the inspiration piece you chose, and your album is gorgeous!

Vickilyn said...

Beautiful album!! I want that PTI stamp set but have not yet sprung for it...sometime soon I hope!

de said...

Wow Kerry! Great project! I was just thinking today of some cool way to reuse these... your idea is great and your project is beautiful!

FibreJunky said...

Kerry, that is just gorgeous!! You knocked this out of the park, girlie.