4.22.2009

CAS Card

This week's CAS challenge on SCS was to be inspired by something from JC Penny's bedding section. HERE is the bed set that caught my eye...I just love the bold and colorful flowers against the white. However, as I went to create my card it was just not coming together quite right. This is the first card I created.
I think I captured the feeling of the bedding with all the bright flowers but I didn't really LOVE this card, nor did I think it came out looking very CAS.

So, I made a second attempt which is definitely CAS style and I like it better too! Sometimes I just have to start stamping/putting together my card before I can visualize where I really want to take my inspiration.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope to be back tomorrow with a mini album!

4 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Kerry this is just beautiful. I love both of them. Love the colors.

Ashley Newell said...

Ohh, I like both cards but I agree, the second it much more CAS!

de said...

So springy and pretty! Love this!

Stephanie said...

Kerry - this is simply stunning!! Hugs, Steph xxx