7.24.2009

Back to School - Unity Style!

Although it is only the middle of summer, Etsy has been showcasing a lot of back to school gear/items these past few weeks and so I thought I better get myself in gear too! :) I have two cards to share with you today that would be great for teachers.

First up is one I created based on the SCS sketch challenge this week.

A is for apple, B is for bird, and C is for cupcake...cute, right?! Although great for a teacher, I thought this card would also be fun to give to a child in preschool or kindergarten, either for a 'Yeah your starting school' sort of card or a graduation card. I used stamps from these Unity kits: School Rock Star, Mix up of Cuteness, and Giggle Grove.

Next is a clean and simple card that I created for Jeanne's stamp and go challenge yesterday.

For this card I used the adorable apple stamp from Unity's Mix up of Cuteness set and the thanks sentiment is from the Flirty Flowers set. I used to teach preschool and know that teachers can never have too many thank you cards! :) Teachers are such important people in our children's lives and we often give them gifts to show them our appreciation. So, teachers need lots of cards that they can give to parents and kids to show their appreciation too! I thought this card was so cute that I made a set of them for my Etsy shop!

Thanks for visiting today! Be sure to check out Angela's blog for a list of all the other talented ladies posting Unity projects on their blogs today!

And if you haven't heard my exciting news yet, you can check it out HERE!

27 comments:

de said...

Great cards Kerry!

Katy said...

cute cards! I love the back to school look. Makes me want to get my backpack out, pack a lunch, and get on the school bus! Okay, maybe not quite, but I do love them!

Judy Rozema said...

Well, being a teacher, I ADORE the first card!! What a cute idea! GREAT job on the second too!

Purple Princess said...

adorable cards!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super great cards!!! tfs!!

Audrey said...

Those are great cards!! My youngest is graduating from high school this next year. Wonder if he'd like some cards for his teachers? LOL Probably not.

Unknown said...

I've been telling myself I should starts some back to school cards, thanks for the inspiration, love them both ;)

Unknown said...

Kerry, these are awesome cards! I may have to case these when school starts..in 2 1/2 weeks! Thanks for sharing these great ideas!

Diane (djuseless) said...

Love the simplicity of the images without them being colored in. I love the buttons too!

Unknown said...

These are so adorable!!!! But I'm not ready for school to start yet--still enjoying summer. ;-)

Gwen said...

These are so cute, Kerry, simply adorable!! ( I got the "simply adorable" stamp when my 3 yr. old grand daughter was here to visit. I told her she was "simply adorable" and then she started to say things were "sim-pwy adow-a-boe"!) Anyway, absolutely great cards, teachers will be so psyched to get them!

Little Lovables said...

the apples are really cute!

tirzahdawn said...

I love your cards. I wish it were only the middle of summer. My school starts back for teachers in two weeks.

Unknown said...

Really cute set of cards! And...I voted for you! Hope you "win"

Ari Vega-Macias said...

ohhhhhhhh YEAH:) halloween, back to school:) i LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your ABC card!!!

Ryann said...

oh i LOVE your ABC card - very clever!!

ANAT S said...

Great cards Kerry!

love your ABC card

StampinCathy said...

Both of your cards are so cute!

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute cards Kerry!

JazzyH said...

Great cards. An Apple day

Linda said...

Kerry

What awsome I love what done one socend... it to cute I might case you card? lol

CarlaKH said...

those are so cute!

Suz said...

Great cards. They are sure to put a big smile on the teachers faces

FibreJunky said...

Very cute cards...even if they do remind me that I haven't got much time left for school shopping! ;-)

Unknown said...

these are super cute Kerry! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Angie Blom said...

love the clean design, and those stamps.. oh on my next order for sure.