8.07.2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #48

It's Saturday which means another Etsy Inspired Challenge and yet another fabulous shop! Jessica Rose just oozes talent and those of you who love Unity stamps will recognize this girl's work. Check out Jessica's shop Volume twenty five for tons of wonderful prints and inspiration. I have two projects to share today although one was not created by me. :)

Aren't these old fashioned candy jars so adorable! Since I have the Unity stamp of this image I of course had to use it for a project this week! However, as soon as I stamped the image my oldest son saw it and asked if he could color it and use it for a card. And I thought...What a great idea! :) This image is perfect for kids to color in and I think his card turned out wonderfully. He also really wanted me to share it with all of you, so here it is:

Next up is my project.

I was inspired by this piece to create a card and also play around with my photography a bit too. Check it out:





This week Jessica Rose is generously giving the challenge winner any 8x10 print in her shop. You all are soooo lucky! I wish I could win!

Be sure to check out THIS POST for all the details on how to play along with us in the Etsy Inspired challenge and if you can get a friend to join you this week you will have a chance at an extra prize too!

And of course the rest of the design team has some inspirational eye candy for you too!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I am off to my first all day crop with my fellow Design Team members from my local scrapbook store, Lasting Memories. I am super excited to get to know the rest of the team, have some 'me' time, and hopefully get a ton of projects completed! My biggest goal is to create a 25 days of Christmas mini album.

13 comments:

de said...

Awwww how cute your son wanted his own card to color! He did a MARVELOUS job! So sweet!

Love your creation too and the piece you used for inspiration. Clever!

StampinCathy said...

Wow this is some major MOJO here for this challenge. Your son's card is just to cute and what a great job he did. Your project is just awesome and so inspiring. I love how you put your card in front of the books. You are one creative and talented crafter and so inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I love your kids coloring!!!! It made me smile! And your card------LOVE IT! I love the way you set up the shot!

Sherry Campbell said...

I love both projects- your son is very talented. :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Tell your son he did a fabulous job on his card! Your card is fabulous, too! :)

Ashley Newell said...

I love your son's card! It's so sweet! You tell him awesome job for me! :)

Your photo is fabulous! Good job getting outside your box Kerry! I love it and I'm so proud of you!

FibreJunky said...

Your son's card is adorable and I love the photograph of your card. I should definitely follow your lead with some of mine.

Anonymous said...

I love your son's card! Please tell him I said GREAT job!!

Your card is awesome!

Kristen Carll said...

Kerry your son made such an awesome card! :) He should be so proud! And your card is absolutely adorable! Love the simplicity of it!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!! Love that your son wanted to color that fun candy image.

I really like the simplicity of your card.

Gwen said...

GREAT card from your son...so adorable...and don't the kids just learn so much from us? Sometimes kind of scary!! :) Anyway, in this case he is learning great creative things from you. Your card is super cute, too!

cabin + cub said...

aww .. love that your son got to color the image... so cute! ;)

Heather Schlatter said...

Kerry,

Your photography is super here!!! I love the little scene you created!!! I also love the red and white card and the heart on the card!!! Great job last week!!!

Heather