Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? My wish is to focus on the true meaning and reason for the season...to teach our youngest son more about the birth of Jesus and attend our church's holiday events. I wish to create wonderful holiday traditions and memories that will be treasured for years to come.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition? We wake up and see what Santa has filled our stockings with. Then we enjoy those items while getting breakfast ready. We all sit down for a special Christmas breakfast and then take turns opening our gifts to one another.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? Hmmm...a relaxing, spa weekend would be amazing but a more practical wish would be for new living room furniture...I would be able to enjoy that every day. :)
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? My husband makes sure to take at least one week off of work so that we can spend lots of quality family time together...having game and movie nights, baking cookies, making gingerbread houses, playing in the snow, and going to fun (and free) holiday events in our community.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? We were a board game family and now I enjoy playing them with my boys too. Some of our favorites: Sorry, Connect Four, Uno, Risk, and Monopoly.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Attending church on Christmas Eve for Carols by Candlelight, getting a gift for a child in need (toys for tots or a giving tree), and decorating cookies.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip? This is a hard one for me because I would not want to be away from my extended family at Christmas time. However, I guess if we could all go together I would want to go to San Diego, CA where my grandma lives (she is my only close relative who does not live in the same state as me).
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? For me, the Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board is at the top of my list. Number two would have to be a Nintendo DS for a special person on my Christmas list. And if I was lucky enough to win this giveaway, my third item would be the red Wii Bundle which I would give to a family with several children who are in need this Christmas...what a way to brighten the holiday for them!
So, a big thank you to GameStop and Today's Mama for a chance to win this amazing giveaway! Click HERE for all the details on how you can have a chance to win too!