11.01.2010

Motivational Monday - Allow for Imperfection

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We had fun taking the boys trick-or-treating and my little one is feeling much better...no coughing for 2 days now! Thanks for all your well wishes for him!

So for those of you who have started following my Motivational Mondays, last week I set the goal of creating 2 cards/projects and submitting them to some publication calls. Well, I did finish one card that I am quite happy with it but I didn't quite get to the second project. So, I will be setting the same goal for myself this week and hopefully by next Monday I will be able to say that I have submitted at least 3 projects to magazines.

In every goal you set, there are likely to be obstacles in the way...sometimes you yourself are your own obstacle. I am known to be extremely hard working and a bit of a perfectionist so sometimes I can be hard on myself when I don't do something as well as I had planned. However, I have learned to have more patience with myself and accept that sometimes I just can't do it all. I'm sure some of you can relate and I hope you will remember to allow yourself to make mistakes and have the same sort of patience for yourself as you do for your children/loved ones.

Please join me in setting a small goal for yourself this week...either privately or share it in the comments section with me and next week I'll be back to share my progress!

Enjoy your evening! If you enjoy winter, jewelry, or the color gray you are going to want to stop back by tomorrow!


No comments: