10.14.2009

Limelight Papercrafts Challenge #32

Get out your ribbon...it's time for a special Limelight Papercrafts Sketch and Product Challenge! Mandy gave the Etsy Inspired Design Team the opportunity to participate with her and the Limelight Papercrafts Design Team this month for their challenge. She even sent us a few goodies to create our projects with...thanks Mandy!

Here is the sketch for this month.


With Fall in full swing and November around the corner, I am getting in the holiday spirit, so I used the sketch to make a Thanksgiving card as well as a fun little Christmas gift tag.


My card features fabulous May Arts ribbon from Limelight Papercrafts. I frayed the edges of the white twill and brown satin ribbons to add a little texture to the card. I also used Basic Grey Offbeat patterned papers and coordinating brown button. The sentiment is from Unity's Gratitude=Joy set. And don't you just love that mustard colored flower?! Limelight Papercrafts carries a great set of Harvest Bean Seed flowers from Jillibean Soup.

Next up, my Christmas tag:

How fun is that little Tree Gnome from Odd Bird Planet? (You can click on the picture to get a closer look.) I think I will be making a few more of these tags to hang on some gift bags this holiday season!

I used more of the white twill ribbon, some Kaisercraft rhinestones, and the Merry Christmas sentiment is from Unity's Bitty Christmas Tags set.

Now it's your turn to play along! Simply create a card based off of the sketch and make sure to include some ribbon! Then upload it to your blog or online gallery (keyword LLPC32) and post a comment on Mandy's blog with the link to your project. You have until Sunday, October 18th at midnight to play and guess what you could win? Some fabulous ribbon of course! Mandy will be giving one lucky winner THESE great Pink Paislee Tinsel Town Ribbons.

Be sure to check out the rest of the wonderful creations from the Limelight Papercrafts and Etsy Inspired Design Team members:

10 comments:

Lisa H. said...

sooo cute! Love the earthy colors on your first card. nice work with the sketch. glad you girlies are joining us this week! your little tag is A-dorable!

Unknown said...

I'm a ribbon fan.. Love the card.

de said...

Kerry! I love your projects! You are the lucky duck that got that little OBP stamp! Love what you did with him and how your tag follows the sketch too!

Love the color combo on the card and they way you layered the card!

Amy said...

Love the colors you used and the look of the doubled up ribbon! Thanks for playing with us today!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Kerry Girl,

I love your take on the Sketch and love those colors too!!! Your Christmas Tag is so so so so cute to!!! I want one!!

Heather

Ashley Newell said...

Oh my gosh Kerry! How cute are these? I love them!

JenMarie said...

Oh how GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Simple, and elegant. Love it! I used a felt flower on my card also! Great minds...! ;-)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is gorgeous, Kerry! :)

Mandy said...

I love BOTH of your projects, Kerry! That flower with the button is perfect with the colors on your card! And I LOVE how you translated the sketch into a Christmas tag and the buttons became the scallops!! ;)