5.05.2013

LOVE Our Family - Echo Park NSD challenge

Well, I managed to get one layout completed for National Scrapbook Day.  I don't know about you, but I am not a fast scrapbooker so trying to complete one (let alone multiple) layout in a day is a challenge itself.  :)  My scrapbooking usually looks like this...Day 1: pick some photos I want to scrapbook and find papers that compliment them  Day2: Play with the layout of photos/papers and think about the story I want to tell  Day 3: Put the layout together and add embellishments/details 

I can be a bit of a perfectionist so I like to revisit my layout over several days.  So, needless to say this is probably not my most impressive layout ever but I am proud that I completed it in an hour and sometimes I just need to remember that it is the telling of the story/capturing the memories that is most important!

I created this layout for Echo Park's NSD Challenge #2 - Layout of Love and also for Big Picture Classes' Creative Crop Challenge #5 - a sketch by Lisa Day.

 
The journaling leaves a little to be desired but I wrote...love this man, these boys, this life...
And at the heart of it all, that is what I feel when I look at this photo...blessed.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Happy National Scrapbook Day!
 
 


No comments: