3.09.2013

Quick and Easy Easter Card

Happy Saturday!  It is a lovely day here in the Pacific Northwest so we enjoyed some fresh air (after some spring cleaning) this afternoon.   Last week I stumbled upon a (new to me) company called Chic Tags...have you heard of them?  Well, they have some fabulous tags, journal spots, flair, etc.  I especially love these Note Clips, Road Trip Tags, and Autumn Days Mini Tags!  Cute, right?!  Anyway...they also have a challenge each Sunday, and although I don't have any of their tags yet, I decided to play along with their great color challenge this week.

  When I saw these lovely spring colors along with the beautiful examples from their DT, I was inspired to see what I could come up with.  I found these colors in my stash of Echo Park Sweet Summertime papers and, along with a little washi tape, came up with a quick Easter card. 

 
For my egg, I first layered the scalloped border stickers on a scrap piece of white paper and then cut it using my cuttlebug...this way the edges are nice and clean (compared to me trimming the stickers after the egg was already cut).  Love these colors together...so fresh and springy! :)  Thanks to Chic Tags for the inspiration!  If you are interested in checking out their Sunday challenge/blog, click HERE.
 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 


No comments: