2.27.2013

Similar and Different - My Mind's Eye February Sketch Challenge

Hello friends!  Are any of you waiting for new CHA crafting goodies?!  I just got a box of some new MME Collectable today...love it! :)  Knowing that my box was on it's way I thought I better start using up some of my MME stash.  So, I created this layout based on this month's sketch challenge over on the MME blog.


When each of my boys were 6 months old I had this same picture taken of each of them.  I think they totally look like brothers and have a lot of similar features but these pictures very clearly show their differences too.  And since each child has traits that are unique to them, I also documented how they are similar and different in other ways too.  While I am not totally in love with the final look of this layout, I absolutely love the story it tells...and isn't that the whole reason for scrapbooking?! :) 

This layout uses products from Follow Your Heart, Alphabet Soup, Lush, Stella & Rose, Quite Contrary, Lime Twist, Miss Caroline, Boy Crazy, and I just had to add some brads and those fun tiny word stickers from the Collectable Remarkable collection that I opened up today! :)


Do you find yourself not adding journaling on your layouts because it might not look 'pretty' or may overwhelm the layout?  Any favorite tricks you use to combat this?  Once I took a class that recommended at least writing the story on the back of the layout in order to preserve the details of the story.  I thought that was a great idea and try to do that when I don't have much journaling on the front.

Enjoy your evening!

No comments: