3.16.2013

Cute and Simple with My Mind's Eye

The weekend is here...hooray!  One of my boys is fighting an ear infection and I am lacking sleep but other than that, we're good!  The current challenge over at the My Mind's Eye blog is to use their die cuts like their journal cards, titles, etc.  I immediately pulled out my Alphabet Soup playing cards (hoping they count) to make some fast and fun cards.  I just love all the adorable images on these playing cards.  I bought both the girl and boy sets back in 2010 and since each set comes with 52 cards (2 for each letter) I still have lots to play with...gotta love that!  :)

Anyway here are 4 cards I whipped up last night using the playing cards along with various MME papers, brads, and stickers.


Ahhh...summer.  Can you feel it?!  Since I have two of each card, I was able to cut the sails out of the second card and pop them up on foam squares to add dimension to this card. 


I love this little robot and thought pairing it with the new Boy Crazy collection would make a great Valentine/love card for one of my boys.

 
**OUT FOR PUBLICATION**


And finally....


The heart/polka dot flag on this card is actually the back of one of the girl playing cards that I just trimmed.  I love how the cards are so colorful and just the right size for card making.  As you can see, I just simply needed to dress them up a bit to come up with some fun cards in a short amount of time.

And if you are looking for more inspiration, here are the links to two more of my favorite cards using these Alphabet Soup playing cards:
http://capturingcreativity.blogspot.com/2011/04/welcome-home-etsy-inspired-challenge.html
http://capturingcreativity.blogspot.com/2011/02/wont-you-bee-mine-mme-challenge.html

To participate in the My Mind's Eye challenge or to see the other entries, click HERE.

Have a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh, Kerry! I loooooove these cards! It def. feels like Summer here! LOVE LOVE LOVE it:)

LOVE that little brad on the first one--fun little summer card:) I think that robot card is my FAV! LOOOOOOVE those lined up brads and the robot! FUN! And your apple card is just too cute-- esp. that sentiment on the side!! The last card is pretty with the white space and gems! LOVE those papers too:) FAB job all around!