6.13.2013

Happy Birthday Sweet Thing! - Ice Cream Card


Hello friends!  I am still in birthday mode here...enjoying all the photos from our party and starting to scrapbook them too.  So, I thought I would share another birthday card that I made recently.  Sometimes I like to get out some pen and paper and draw out ideas I have for cards or layouts and that is how this card came together.  After a little trial and error, I designed this triple scoop ice cream card...



For the cone I stamped Unity's Worn Grid background stamp at a diagonal to give the cone a more textured/realistic look and I scored some lines around the top too. But, the cone still looked too plain so I decided it was the perfect spot for the sentiment.  I used a sweet paperclip from GCD Studios Pure Bliss collection and created two little flags for the stamped sentiment.

Then for the ice cream scoops, I used my Bo Bunny Double Dot paper...I just love the sweet little dots and vibrant colors.  :)  I simply used a circle die to trace an arc and then used scalloped scissors along the bottom of each scoop.  Finally I topped off my ice cream cone with real sprinkles...fun, right?! 

We are in end of school year mode around here...lots of celebrations, fun activities, and tons of excitement as we get ready for summer.  I am looking forward to relaxing days at home with my boys, trying new things (like rock climbing), and a trip to the coast.   Wishing you all a wonderful start to your summer!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE that you used real sprinkles and the stamp you used for the cone is just perfect! I have been meaning to stop by for some time to thank you for all of the sweet comments you leave on my blog. They always brighten my day!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOVE the colors of the ice cream-- sherbet??? MMMM! LOVE the grid stamping! And those are real sprinkles??? If I received this, I might just eat it! LOL!

Unknown said...

This is too cute, love the colors and the sprinkles!