7.25.2011

You make me happy...

Hello friends!  Last week over at the American Crafts blog it was Thickers week and they featured a ton of great projects.  One card especially caught my eye (HERE) and inspired me to create a layout.  I have always loved to sing "You are my sunshine" to my boys so when I saw that card, it immediately got me thinking about what papers/picture/thickers I had to create a layout using part of that song. 

First I found one of my recent favorite pictures of my oldest son and this great kraft, raindrop paper from American Crafts



Then, I knew I needed some clouds and this fabulous doily patterned paper spoke to me.


I kept the layout simple...wanting to focus mostly on the picture and title.  But I made it so that the picture lifts up to reveal journaling about all the ways my son brings laughter and sunshine into my life.






Here is the end result:

 
Thanks for visiting today.  We are preparing for our big move followed by a small vacation so if I'm a little absent from my blog I'm sure you all will understand.  Hopefully when I return I will have some more exciting news to share...stay tuned! :)


4 comments:

Jacquel said...

Beautiful page Kerry! I love those glittery letters...TFS!!

Kimberly said...

Love the page! Everything works so perfectly together!

I'm starting a weekly "scrappin' sunday" link up party if you are interested I would love for you to share your work!

http://foreverdaisies.blogspot.com/2011/09/scrappin-sunday.html

Virginia L. said...

Hi Kerry! Haven't seen your lovely work lately! I hope you are doing well! Happy Thanksgiving to you and family! HUGS!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Great layout, Kerry!

I used to sing that song to my kids, too! :)