7.18.2011

Birthday Celebration

Hello all!  I'm back today with some fun birthday decor items I created this past week using American Crafts Confetti collection as well as some of their yummy ribbon and glitter cardstock!




First I made this fun cupcake...it was pretty time consuming since I didn't have any die cuts or patterns to work with but it was all worth it in the end.  I started with a styrofoam ball and fan folded the happy birthday paper to create the cupcake wrapper.  Then I punched out a bunch of circles and used straight pins to attach them to the styrofoam ball.  Finally I finished it off with some fun ribbon and of course a birthday candle! :)

Then I wanted to make a coordinating decoration using the great new large Flair from American Crafts so I decided it would be the perfect centerpiece for a birthday banner.

How fun would these be to surprise a teacher or someone at the office?!  I think they would be a great way to decorate someone's small work area on their birthday.

Okay, I am off for a day of shopping and packing!  I'll be back soon with a new layout to share!  Have a wonderful day!


4 comments:

Shauna K said...

oh my goodness- how fantastic!!!! totally lovin that cupcake! love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

How super adorable! I LOOOOOOOOOVE that little cupcake! I wish I could get my hands on some of this paper--so pretty!

Angi Barrs said...

Wowza...that cupcake is fabulous. :)

Elizabeth said...

Awesome birthday decorations!