12.22.2008

From Our Home to Yours

Christmas is almost here...and I am still working on a few gifts! This year I thought it would be great to give a few friends and family a little recipe book with some of our family's favorite recipes. I know I always love a good new recipe to try. So here are some pictures of how one of the books turned out.

The patterned paper is Heidi Grace Designs, Harvest Row line. For all of the recipes and front cover I used a thinner cardstock and printed them out on my computer. To keep the pages together I just used my Crop-a-dile to punch two holes in each page and then slid a small binding ring (7 gypsises) through each set of holes. To finish it off, I tied some coordinating ribbon around the rings.



This was a pretty easy project and I am very happy with the end result. I think I will make a few extra just to keep on hand. It's always nice to have something to give to someone who unexpectedly gives you a gift or to have some on hand for a future little thank you or teacher gift.

If are interested in trying one of these recipes you can click on the Crab & artichoke dip, Italian baked pork chops, or Taco Chili page for a closer look at the ingredients and directions. And if you are really interested in the salmon or vegetables you can leave a comment and I would be happy to email you the rest of the directions for those. All of these recipes are favorites of ours from various cookbooks.

Hope you are enjoying your week!We still have a lot of snow here so I think we will be staying home again today...maybe I can get some sets of cards made up!

No comments: