11.28.2008

I'm stuffed!!!

Well, yesterday we had a great Thanksgiving with my family and lots of wonderful food. I am still full! :) I hope you all had a wonderful day too! Because of Thanksgiving, Unity had their Hip Hop on Wednesday which was perfect for me since hubby was home to help out with the kiddos while I chatted and worked on the challenges. One of the challenges Jeanne gave us was the 'Get Stuffed' challenge which needed to incorporate food and Unity stamps into our card/project. So, I have been working on this recipe tin for my aunt...

and the challenge inspired me to make a recipe card that matched. I think I might put a few more recipes in the tin that coordinate too.
The recipe is from a cookbook titled Best Loved Holiday Recipes. First I stamped Unity's distressed dots onto some printer paper. Then I flipped it over to print my recipe out so you would be able to read the recipe clearly but still get the effect of the dots. The sweet treat sentiment is actually two separate stamps from the Bitty Christmas Tags set and I masked the s at the end of each when stamping. The other products I used for the tin and recipe card were BoBunny paper, Creative Cafe felt ribbon, Doodlebug buttons, and American Crafts Thickers. I found the tin at Borders for just $5 and it is actually already full of recipes by Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade. But there are a lot of extra recipe cards too. I thought it would be fun to dress up the tin and even though I used Christmas colors I think it is cute enough to have out on your kitchen counter all year round, don't you think?!

I was loving the red and green polka dot paper so much that I decided to make another tag for my aunt too. And I am so glad I did because I think this tag is my favorite so far. I paper pieced the snow globe and added twinkling H2Os for the star and crystal ice Stickles for a little sparkle. Then I just added a little coordinating paper and felt ribbon. I just can't seem to get enough of my Unity Bitty Christmas Tags set lately! :)


And here is the tin that I found at Michaels for just $1 that I am going to put all of the tags in. Have a great weekend...and for all you Friday shoppers, I hope you get lots of fabulous deals!
Check out the Unity forum or Unity website for more Unity fun!


3 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Love that super cute recipe box! :D

Lee said...

Oh my gosh....I have soooo got to make one of those!!! Oh my MIL would love one!!!! That is just gorgeous and thank you for sharing a wonderful gift idea!!

Mandy said...

What an adorable tag! I love the glitter on the snow globe!!