11.29.2008

Happy Saturday!

So, were you out shopping the deals yesterday? As much as I wanted to head out early to shop ALL the fabulous sales, I did have both my boys (hubby was working) so I went out after they woke up (around 6:30) and we just went to Fred Meyer and Joanns. Neither were too busy and I got some great deals...everything I bought was at least 50% off, so it was definitely a successful shopping trip and the boys did well since we were only out for a little bit. Later in the day they both took a nap...at the same time! An extremely rare event in our house so I took advantage of my 'Mommy time' to do a little stamping.
Limelight posted a sketch challenge that encouraged the use of black (for black friday) and the Ways to Use it challenge over on SCS was to make a Thank you card. So, I combined them both and used my Unity stamps to create this card.

Pretty simple card so I won't go into all the details but in case you can't tell in the picture the middle leaf is popped up on foam squares. I had fun with the buttons, one of my black Friday purchases from Joanns! I used archival Brilliance galaxy gold ink for the two leaves. And if you are still looking for some good deals this weekend, Limelight's sale is going on through Sunday. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love this! Wonderful colors, leaf image and the buttons are the perfect embellishments. Great sentiment too!

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty card!

Judy Rozema said...

Very pretty job on this! I love the neutral colors! No shopping yet for me!

Mandy said...

Oh, WOW, Kerry! I love your card! It is just so elegant and pretty! Thanks for playing along!! :)

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

I like your card, clever design! Glad you got out to get some bargains. Nice blog!