2.14.2013

LOVE - MME & GB Guest Designer Contest

Happy Valentine's Day!  I was up early this morning...crafting before the boys woke up and I needed to make them heart pancakes with strawberries (and give them lots of Valentine's hugs!)

Many of you know my love for My Mind's Eye's products.  So, when I saw that they were having a Guest Designer contest along with a fabulous Kit Club Gossamer Blue, I just had to give it a shot.  Last week I took a Valentine photo of my boys to send to family.  I loved the photo so much that I decided to scrap it but instead of focusing on Valentine's Day I focused on my love for them.


Two trends that I love right now are chalk/chalkboard and typography (I just bought these for our playroom).  So as I was looking at this gorgeous Miss Caroline Dilly Dally paper (knowing it was perfect for this photo with the little red and denim colored accents) and trying to figure out what to do with the white space and how to incorporate journaling, I decided to take a big leap of faith and write all over it!  :)

It reads:  my boys...dream big
follow your heart
 live. laugh. love.
you are special
you are loved
hugs and kisses
smile.  you are my sunshine
gifts from God
you hold my heart
forever and always
to the moon and back
you are my  miracles
P.S. I love you!  XOXO

This layout uses products from My Mind's Eye's Miss Caroline, Stella & Rose, and even a little Alphabet Soup (can anybody spot it?) collections.

I also used some old MM letters, chipboard, and October Afternoon sticker from my stash.

And here is what my boys had for breakfast this morning.

 
Hope your day is filled with lots of love!

No comments: