7.16.2010

2 Sketches 4 You Challenge

Well, I have been crafting my little heart out this week and I absolutely had to make sure to create a few cards for the 2 Sketches 4 You challenge because the winner will be getting a spot on their Design Team! What a fabulous prize!

So I came up with two different cards based on Laura's Sketch #56.

First up is a fun little Valentine/Love themed card.

This pretty in pink card uses Papertrey Ink cardstock, Bo Bunny double dot paper, Doodlebug Designs chunky glitter (love this stuff!), a ticket from Teresa Collins (Crush die-cut charms), and some seam binding. I love how perfectly seam binding threads through my sewing machine so I can easily create this ruffled look. I actually did two layers to give this card extra frills. :) I also popped one of the hearts up on some foam squares for added dimension.

For my second card I went with a fresh color combination and simple sentiment.

Can you tell I'm on a bit of a glitter kick this week?! :) For this card I used some of Echo Park's Sweet Summertime collection and American Crafts Thickers. Do you ever use up all your semi-colons, periods or dots for the i's and j's? I don't...so I've been working on some creative ideas for using them up. For this card I used them to create the circle. I like how it adds focus to the sentiment.

Okay, that's it for me today but I will be back tomorrow! Have a great afternoon!

3 comments:

de said...

You go girl! Crankin out the challenges! LOVE these!

Laura Davis said...

CUTE!!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cnelson said...

so cute!!!