It's Saturday!!! I have lots to do today to get ready for tomorrow...my parents are going to watch the boys so that hubby and I can get some painting and major yard work done. I am thinking that I might feel like staying in our house once we get it in tip top selling shape! :)
Okay, onto this week's Etsy Inspired Challenge! I am so excited to share my project this week! And I'm sure you are going to be excited about the prizes you might win if you play along! :) I know I have been drooling over our sponsor's shop this week. Pretty Tape carries tons of fabulous decorative masking tapes and they will be giving one of our winners this week a $35 gift certificate...LUCKY!!! :) And I'm sure you will easily find something to be inspired by from our featured Etsy shop, How Beadyful, because there are plenty of great fabric covered buttons to choose from as well as a few other handmade goodies too. And How Beadyful is also generously giving a pretty set of fabric covered buttons to one winner this week.
Now, for my project...
I loved these colorful and fun Gears fabric covered buttons from How Beadyful's shop. I was inspired by the colors and all the circles. I am really proud of my cupcake! I think I have seen something similar before...maybe a fabulous CHA project someone created. But I came up with the design for mine all on my own...no template or anything, just a bit of imagination and trial & error. :)
For those interested in creating an everlasting cupcake of their own, here are the details:
1. punch out lots of circles from a great patterned paper (like the Creative Imaginations Studio 101 birthday paper I chose)
2. create a cupcake liner with a die cut or the hard way like me :) - take a strip of paper (or two) and fan fold it, then tightly wrap it around a styrofoam ball and attach it with adhesive or some straight pins
3. use straight pins to attach the circles (icing) to the top of the styrofoam ball, overlapping the circles to hid the pins and cover the ball fully
4. wrap ribbon around the cupcake liner and add a little tag for extra detail
5. create a little hole up top for the birthday candle...the final touch!
To participate in the Etsy Inspired Challenge all you need to do is visit How Beadyful's shop, find an item that inspires you, and create a new project of your own! Then link it up to the Etsy Inspired blog for your chance to win!
And for more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Design Team!