3.12.2009

Good Friends

It's Thursday...one of my favorite days of the week because I get to chat with all the fabulous ladies I have met in the Unity forum. I had some time yesterday to work on SC219 and here is my card:

This is the first time I have used lace cardstock. I love the look of it but I think I will probably have it covering most of my card next time...I don't really like the angular cut but I was trying to follow the sketch. I used a Unity stamp from the Something Within set and a beautiful heart rhinestone that my brother gave to me.

So, I have to tell you a little bit about my brother...we have always been very close, he is the BEST uncle and brother I could ever ask for, he supports me in all that I do and is always one to encourage/believe in me when I want to try something new. This past weekend was my 30th birthday and he gave me a TON of crafting goodies, which of course I was absolutely thrilled about but what really made it so special was the time and thought he put into it. Now, my brother is younger than me (23) and very much a guys guy, KWIM? He usually shops for Christmas gifts the day before Christmas and you will often find him wrapping a gift right before it's time to open presents. But, for my 30th birthday he first called to see what I wanted and I didn't really have too many ideas...I need new clothes so I told him a gift card would be good and of course he knows I love cardmaking/scrapbooking. So, what did he do??? He went to my favorite LSS and spent an hour picking out a bunch of scrapping goodies for me! :) I was going to take pictures of it all but decided you would be seeing a lot of it on my projects so instead I wanted to share of picture of me and my 'little' brother, my friend...
Thanks for letting me share about one of the very special guys in my life. Tomorrow I will be sharing a 12 x 12 double page layout (did you even know I scrapbooked??? :) of another special guy in my life, my first-born son.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is great Kerry.

How very sweet of your brother and fabulous picture of you two.

Happy Belated birthday, hon.
Tonya

FibreJunky said...

What a special gift. Sounds like he's going to be a great husband someday.

Happy belated birthday!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Kerry,

TFS that is a great post and always fun to learn more about others!!!!

Heather