1.07.2010

I'm so excited!!!

Hello friends! Remember how I said I have some exciting things to share?! Well, today is the day!

December was a very exciting month for me. A week before Christmas I received an email letting me know that one of my projects had been accepted for publication!!! This will be my first project to be published in print! It was a wonderful early Christmas gift for me and getting published was a goal for me in 2009 so it was nice to meet that goal before the year ended! :) I of course will share my publication with you all later this year and hopefully this is the beginning of many more published projects!

On Christmas, my wonderful aunt and uncle surprised me with a sewing machine! I had been talking to them about all the amazing layouts and cards I see with sewing on them as well as the great items on Etsy and how I would love to learn to sew. Well, now I can! :) I just started learning to use it a little this week and I even created a fun little paper garland (which seems to be all the rage on Etsy).
They are super easy to make, so if you have a sewing machine, some patterned papers and cardstock, and some punches, I highly recommend giving it a try. Here is a look at my Valentine's Day garland.


And finally, as a New Year gift to myself, I purchased a Canon Rebel XSi DSLR camera!!! I am super excited to learn to use it and become a better photographer. Costco had a really great deal that I just couldn't pass up since I have been wanting a DSLR for the past year and our point and click digital camera is getting a little old.

So, this year I hope to continue to share with you my scrapbook layouts and cards as well as some fun sewing projects and maybe a few spectacular photos too! :)

I have been working on some projects for my local scrapbook store this week using My Mind's Eye Colorful Christmas collection (which I love!) so I thought I'd leave you with a card that I created today.


Wishing you lots of joy in the New Year!

6 comments:

Shauna K said...

congrats on getting published! how exciting :D and i super love the heart garland- great idea!!!

Matildy Jane Designs said...

Congrats on getting published! That's awesome! And your garland is adorable!

Beaded Details said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Wonderful news all around. I've been practicing with my new sewing machine and I LOVE it too :) Congrats on the publishing news and hooray for the new camera. I can't wait to get a nice one like that someday...

de said...

Congrats on all the great news!!! You deserve it!

Amariah said...

Congrats!!