3.14.2011

i heart faces - Photography Challenge: Sun Flare

Happy Monday everyone! This week's challenge over at i heart faces is to capture sun flare. Yesterday I got a new 50mm lens for my camera and couldn't wait to play with it today. It's raining here but the sun is still shining so I had my son stand by our sliding glass door and started shooting away.

Here is my favorite picture (straight out of the camera)...I love how the sun is shining on his face, his reflection in the glass, and the raindrops on the glass too.


I shot this in full Manual Mode using the cloudy white balance setting, ISO 200, 1/100, f2.8.

Click HERE to see more sun flare inspiration over at iheartfaces.




6 comments:

Mindy said...

I love his expression! Which 50mm did you get? I can't wait to get a 50mm.

Chris & Stephanie said...

I love this. So sweet!

Carrie Garrett said...

very nice!

Anonymous said...

Good entry. Keep on keepin on.

Lily Wise Photography said...

Love it!!

Ashley Newell said...

Fabulous picture Kerry!

Your son looks like one of Tiff Johnson's sons. You should head over to her blog and take a look. I've never noticed before but when I saw this pic I thought I was on her blog.