2.13.2011

Won't You Bee Mine? - MME challenge

We've had a great weekend, including a family sleepover last night filled with games and laughter. Today we took it easy and I enjoyed a lot of crafting time. I completed a layout and dug into my My Mind's Eye stash to create a card for their current challenge. With a love theme in mind I looked through my Alphabet Soup Girl Playing Cards and found this adorable little bee that was just waiting to bee someone's Valentine! :)

I love this sweet little heart paper from My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup collection and paired it with some other patterned papers from their Quite Contrary line, some trim from the Lush and Lost & Found collections, and decorative rhinestone brads from the Lush collection. The pink letters are American Crafts pearl thickers.

Here is the My Mind's Eye sketch that Anam created. As you can see, I stuck pretty close to the sketch...just separating my circle brads a bit. And obviously I put the playing card in the place of the heart. I popped the playing card, heart, and letter 'm' up on foam squares for some dimension.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to part with this card...I really love how it all came together! And I'm pretty proud of my photo too...taken completely in manual mode! I adjusted my ISO, shutter speed, and aperture to get everything just right so all I had to do was crop a little before posting it.

Yes, I am loving Elisha's class over at Big Picture (she has a new one coming up in April). And I think you'll be seeing some layouts from me soon because the free class over at Big Picture by Karen Grunberg, Embrace Imperfection, is inspiring me to forget about my layout being 'perfect' (whatever that is) and focus on the memory and story that I want to tell/remember many years from now...because isn't that why I'm scrapbooking in the first place! :) Also, through that class I discovered another one called Layout a Day (LOAD) which sounds like a great way to get a bunch of layouts completed, discover your style, and let go of some of the need for creating a 'perfect' layout. Even if I don't end up doing that class, I think I will challenge myself to create a layout a day for a month sometime this year.

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and get to spend time with the ones you love!

No comments: