12.18.2008

Candy Cane Lane

This week I have been playing with all my new stamping goodies that I received from my Unity Secret Santa, Amy. This weekend I will share some cards I have made using my Basic Grey paper, but today I have another card featuring that cute Unity candy cane stamp. When I saw Wednesday's sketch challenge on SCS it reminded me of a wrapped present and of course a present made me think of Christmas, so this is what I came up with.
I did several red and white layers of card stock to mirror the red and white stripes of a candy cane. As I was cutting the green ribbon for the card it started to fray a little and I thought I would fray it some more to give my card some texture. Then I just added a bow up top and a Doodlebug button near the bottom to give a little dimension to the card. I am planning on stamping a sentiment and another image on the inside of the card too.

Thanks for stopping by today. We have snow here and it is COLD! My son, of course, has no school and so we will be playing in the snow and putting together our gingerbread house. And my hubby is home today too, so I will be spending some time over in the Unity forum for Hip Hop Thursday! If you have some time today, pop in and say 'hello'.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Cute and festive! I love the ribbon and button! :D