10.18.2008

2 Cards 4 You

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you have some fun planned for yourself. I will be spending the day going to swimming lessons and playing with my boys. Last night I was so inspired by Kazan's sketch on 2sketches4you that I created two cards with it. If you ever need a good starting point for a card, I would definitely recommend checking out the 2sketches4you site. Every Monday, Kazan or Laura put up a fabulous new sketch and their Design Team creates some beautiful samples too! Here is my first card:

All of the patterned paper is from Scenic Route's Grafton line. I popped the center panel up on 3D foam squares, along with the flowers and leaf flourish. I also bent the petals of the larger flower to give it a little more dimension. Other details: Stamp: Michaels $1 bin, Cardstock: The Paper Company - Textured Mandarin, Making Memories Crystal Brads, A Muse Mini Dot Twinkle Stickers

Next, I made a Halloween card. I love how one sketch can inspire two completely different cards.

All of the paper for this card is from Bo Bunny. I tore around the sentiment and two center panels to give the card a more distressed look. I also popped them up on 3D foam squares. I bent the tree branches, popped the green circle with the cat up on a foam square, and used Doodlebug's black paper frill for some added dimension. The stamp is another great find from Michaels $1 bin! Thanks for visiting today! I will post again soon!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

wow! love both cards you made using the sketch, but that first one is Woowzers! You worked with such fabulous colors and the design is just gorgeous. great work!

Ann said...

Wowza! Great papers and dimension on both cards! You rocked the sketch this week...twice! :D

Deb said...

It IS amazing how one sketch can inspire such different cards. These are both fabulous, but I agree with Lorraine...those flowers are out of this world! I love the colors and the plaid and the flowing flourish along the bottom edge. So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow Kerry you did a fantastic job with the sketch. Both cards are sooo different (hard to believe they are from the same sketch)..your first card is really a stunner :)

Cheryl Walker said...

Your first card is very very pretty!!!! And I love your halloween card, its tooo cute!!!!!
Great job on both!!

Cheryl